MacIsaac and MacEachern first met at an artists’ hangout in Toronto in the late 1990s, when MacEachern was part of the band Zoebliss. MacIsaac briefly joined that band, and the pair continued collaborating as a duo after Zoebliss broke up in 1999. The duo were originally known as Madviolet, but later changed their name to Madison Violet.
They released three albums independently in Canada, and then signed a record deal with True North Records.
They have toured extensively across Canada, Europe, the UK and Australia.
In January 2011, Madison Violet was nominated for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards in the Singer-Songwriter category for No Fool for Trying, and won in the category for Folk/Singer-Songwriter Song for “The Ransom and Small of My Heart”.
- 2005 ECMA nomination (Best New Artist)
- 2005 ECMA nomination (Pop Recording of the Year / Worry The Jury)
- 2007 ECMA nomination (Group Recording of the Year / Caravan)
- 2008 ECMA nomination (Folk Recording of the Year / Caravan)
- 2008 Canadian Folk Music Award nomination (Best Vocal Group)
- 2009 Canadian Folk Award – (Best Vocal Group)
- 2010 Juno Awards Nomination (Roots/Traditional Album of the Year)
- 2010 Maxell Song of the Year “The Ransom” – John Lennon Songwriting Competition
- 2011 Independent Music Awards Folk/Singer-songwriter Song of the year for “The Random and Small of My Heart”
Mad Violet (2002)
Worry the Jury (2004)
No Fool for Trying (2009)
The Good in Goodbye (2011)
Come As You Are: Live (2013)
The Year of the Horse (2016)
The Knight Sessions (2017)